Sunday, May 09, 2010

It's a miracle

It's a miracle

There was a man who worked for the post office whose job was to processall the mail with illegible addresses. One day, a letter came addressedin a shaky handwriting to "God" with no actual address. He thought heshould open it to see what it was about.

The letter read:

Dear God,
I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterdaysomeone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I haduntil my next pension payment. Next Sunday=2 0is Christmas, and I hadinvited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I havenothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my onlyhope.
Can you help me? Please, hear my prayer.
Sincerely,
Edna


The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the otherworkers. Each one dug into their wallet and managed to come up with afew dollars.
By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which he put intoan envelope and sent back to the woman's return address. The rest of theday, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinnershe would be able to share with her friends.
Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from thesame old lady to "God".

All the workers gathered around while the letterwas opened.

It read:

Dear God,
How can I ever thank you for what you did for me? I now truly believe i nGod, and in Miracles. Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix aglorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told themof your wonderful gift. By the way, I noticed there was $4 missing. Ithink it might have been those bastards at the post office.

Sincerely,
Edna

No comments: